Futureworks is proud to offer a range of financial support funds for our undergraduate students. We aim to actively support access to our courses from groups of applicants who are underrepresented in Higher Education that face financial challenges and hardship.
What are support funds/bursaries?
A bursary is a monetary award made by an educational institution to individuals or groups. It is usually awarded to enable a student to attend university where funding may otherwise be a barrier.
It’s not a loan – you don’t have to repay it – and it doesn’t affect your Student Finance entitlement.
Futureworks operates four funds designed to support new and current students; the money paid out from these funds is in the form of bursaries.
We also have a fund to support applicants to attend open days and interviews.
How does it work?
- Decide which fund(s) you wish to apply for
- Complete the relevant application form, which can be found on the corresponding page for each fund
- Applications are reviewed by our Access & Participation Steering Group panel. More information about this can be found here.
- Successful applicants will be paid directly via bank transfer. Further details about funding amounts, payment schedules and application deadlines can be found on the pages for each fund.
Students may apply for more than one fund.
Please note, all awards are discretionary, and the success of any application is not guaranteed, however we would encourage all students who believe they are eligible to apply.
- Disability Referral & Assessment Fund
- Travel & Accommodation Support Fund
- New Students Support Fund
- Hardship Fund
- Open Day & Interview Travel Reimbursement Fund
Our financial support measures are primarily aimed at achieving higher representation of the following groups:
- Individuals from low participation neighbourhoods/socio-economic backgrounds
- Black, Asian & Minority Ethnic students
- Care leavers
- People estranged from their families
- People from Gypsy, Roma and Traveller communities
- Children from military families
For further information about underrepresented groups in Higher Education please click here.
We also offer other means of support which can be found here
Details about how we support students at Futureworks can be found on our Access and Participation page.
For information about tuition fees and applying for Student Finance please click here.