AWARD: Bachelor of Arts Honours Degree
DURATION: 3 Years (Full Time)
Our most successful and longest running degree course has undergone a significant upgrade. In a media industry where what we see and hear is ever changing, our challenge is to both engage the student and attract industry. We believe we have achieved this with a focused, clear and relevant programme of study.
Creativity, Career and Technology is the message.
HE LEVEL 4 (YEAR 1)
- Composition and Arrangement (40 credits)
- Recording Techniques and Technologies (40 credits)
- Career Focus 1 – Online Profile (40 credits)
HE Level 5 (Year 2)
- Composition and Production (20 credits)
- Recording and Production (40 credits)
- Music, Sound, Image (40 credits)
- Career Focus 2– Live Brief (20 credits)
HE Level 6 (Year 3)
- Composition and Innovation (20 credits)
- Advanced Recording and Production (20 credits)
- Major Project- Music and Multimedia (40 credits)
- Career Focus 3- Professional Preparation (40 credits)
WHAT ARE CREDITS?
As a guide, 20 credits typically represents around 52 hours of tutor contact time (e.g. lectures/workshops/feedback) and 148 hours of self-study time (usually over the course of a semester). These numbers may increase or decrease depending on the nature, length and level of the module, especially towards the end of the course.