Duration: 2 days
Fee: £449.00 (Including Course Manuals & Exam Fees)
Our AVID courses run based on demand to ensure we provide the most flexible learning experience for our participants. If you are interested in any of our upcoming courses, please email [email protected] and we will get back to you with the current schedule.
This course is for video editors who understand the basics of the editing tools in Media Composer and are ready to move ahead and learn the fundamentals of creating effects within Avid Media Composer 6, the non-linear film/video editing application used in most movie and television productions.
This course provides a solid foundation in Media Composer audio and video effects capabilities and, in conjunction with MC101 Editing Essentials course, will prepare you for Avid’s User Level certification in Media Composer 6.
You will be taken through the basic effects-building interface; then, using a real-world, hands-on approach, you’ll learn fundamental audio adjustments and effects, multilayered video compositing, tracking, stabilization, various retiming methods, and basic color-grading techniques.
This course is a crucial step in mastering Avid Media Composer, the standard editing system used by professionals in the film and television industries.
This course targets:
- Assistant editors
- Multimedia producers
- Completion of the MC101 Fundamentals I course
- Completion of a Macintosh or Windows introductory course or equivalent experience is required
- A background in editing, production, or post-production is strongly recommended
- Introduction to Visual Effects
- Corrective Effects
- High Resolution Images
- Color Treating and Correcting
- Nesting Multiple Effects
- Multilayer Effects
- Performance and Rendering
- Keying and Mattes
- 3D Title Animation with Marquee
- Using AVX Third-Party Plug-Ins
- Configuring the Grid