Skip to main content

International Students


We are able to accept applications from students with Dual Nationality (UK + other) and anyone with indefinite leave to remain, pre-settled or settled status. We will ask you to provide evidence of your status on application. You will not be permitted to start your course without showing evidence of your status and a valid photo ID.

We are able to accept applications from students requiring a Student Visa (previously Tier 4) and to sponsor students or issue a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) which agrees to sponsorship.

You cannot use a visitor visa to study a degree programme so you must not enter the UK as a visitor then switch into the student route as it is not permitted under the immigration rules. Please note you are also not permitted to study with a graduate visa.

It is your responsibility to make sure that you are complying with the immigration rules at all times.

If you are an Irish citizen and you want to study in the UK, you do not need to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme as your rights to live, work and access public services in the UK remain under the Common Travel Area arrangement. You will need to provide evidence of a valid photo ID on enrolment.

The same applies for anyone from the Crown Dependencies – Channel Islands & Isle of Man.

All applications must be made via UCAS. To begin the process go to and choose the option to apply for an Undergraduate course. Here you will be asked which course you are applying for (a maximum of 5). You’ll also need to add your qualifications, write your personal statement and include your reference.

The application fee charged by UCAS for 2024 entry is £22.50 if you are applying for one choice, and £27 for 2-5 choices.

Tuition fees

For International Students, payment of £17000 at the start of each year will need to be paid in full prior to the start of term in order for us to issue a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) which agrees to sponsorship.

There is also a £1500 administration fee required on receipt of your application. This will be deducted from your first tuition fee payment if your application is successful.

Payments should be made via bank transfer:


Bank Name: Royal Bank of Scotland

Account Number: 41500543

Sort Code: 16-00-18


BIC number: RBOS GB 2L

IBAN: GB72 RBOS1600 1841 5005 43

Please ensure you put your name and UCAS ID number as the payment reference, and that you check exchange rates carefully if you are paying from an international bank account.

Entry criteria

See individual course pages for academic entry requirements.

English Language requirements

International applicants will need to have an English Language qualification at International Level B2 or higher, such as an IELTS of 6.0 or better (with 5.5 in each skill: reading, writing, speaking and listening).

We will also accept:

  • Trinity College London: a pass in test ISEI and a pass in test ISEII
  • LanguageCert: Academic SELT (from 18 December 2023): 60 or International ESOL SELT: 33/50
  • Pearson PTE Academic for UKVI: 59
  • PDI Services (UK) Ltd: Pass in Skills for English UKVI

The UK Visa and Immigration (UKVI) service requires educational institutions to verify that applicants have a minimum level in English before we are permitted to issue a CAS

If you are from a country classified as English-Speaking by the UK government or have studied a degree or postgraduate diploma (taught in English) you may not be required to present other evidence of English language ability.

Visa requirements

If you are not a citizen of the UK, do not have Dual Nationality (UK + other) or do not have EU Settlement or Leave to Remain, you will need to apply for a Student Visa. This is part of the Points-Based Immigration System. To be able to travel to the UK as a student, you must pass a points-based assessment before you travel. This is known as the Student Visa route (previously Tier 4). Government information about the system can be found

The current requirements of UK Visa and Immigration (UKVI) service state that all students applying for a Student Visa must be able to demonstrate that they have £1265 per calendar month for living expenses for the first nine months of their course. This figure stands at £1023 outside of London.

To apply for a visa. You will need to obtain a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) reference number from Futureworks before making your student visa application. The CAS is unique to each applicant and you will need to quote it on your visa application. You will receive your CAS after you have met the conditions of your offer and completed the pre-CAS checks. The CAS is valid for 6 months.

Futureworks students on a Student Visa cannot undertake any work in the UK. Futureworks Graduates will not be eligible to apply for a Graduate Visa after their studies.

Other information

If you would like to arrange a visit to Futureworks, please contact us via email at [email protected] or use our Contact Form.

If you have any questions about applying as an International student, please contact us via email at [email protected]

The UK Council for International Student Affairs (UKCISA) is also very useful for information and has a student advice line