Student services

Student Services are able to offer information, support, advice and guidance on a wide range of issues throughout your time here with us.


We are able to provide support for:

  • Advice
  • Letter requests
  • Accommodation advice & local area queries
  • Student Finance advice
  • Disability support
  • Updating your information
  • Submitting assignments
  • MyFutureworks VLE

We can be contacted:

  • In person: come along to the Student Services office on the 3rd Floor
  • By phone: 0161 214 4612
  • Through MyFutureworks – If you need to talk to us confidentially, you can contact us and also book a private appointment via the VLE messaging service
  • Via @FW_St_Services on twitter


At Futureworks, we understand that you may encounter difficulties within your personal lives whilst you are studying. Student Services can offer advice with regards to health, bullying, discrimination and harassment or just an ear to listen if you are feeling homesick or need to talk through worries in a confidential space. We can direct you to the best place to go for additional support and can talk through your options with you whatever you are facing. For more information see our health section.

Letter Requests

Council tax exemption forms, bank and student status letters can all be obtained at Student Services. We can also assist with travel card applications and discount forms. Simply fill in a letter request form at Student Services and we will leave your completed letter at Reception for you to pick up. We aim to complete all letters within 48 hours but this may be slightly longer during busy periods.

You can download our letter request form here.

Accommodation Advice & Local Area Queries

We work with local companies to make sure you get great deals on accommodation for your time at Futureworks. You can find details in our Admissions guide that can be downloaded from our website and you can pop in and chat with a member of staff if you need extra guidance. If you’re new to Manchester and need help finding your way around, many of our staff live locally and can point you in the right direction. For more information visit our accommodation page.

Student Finance Advice

If you have any queries about paying your tuition fees, or applying for funding through the Student Loans Company, then our Student Services team can help guide you through the process.

For more information have a look at our tuition fees information.

Disability Support

Futureworks is committed to ensuring that we remove any barriers which may prevent students from achieving their full potential. You do not have to declare your disability to us if you do not wish, but if you do choose to tell us, we will do everything we can to ensure you are supported in your studies.

The team can give you information on where to go for disability assessments as well as how to apply for additional funding through the Disabled Students Allowance. Take a look at our disability support page for more information.

Updating Your Information

You can update your address and other contact details with us at any time by filling in a change of contact details form and handing it in to the office. You can also download this form here.

Submitting Assignments

Your tutors will ask you to submit some pieces of work to us at the Student Services counter, where you can also find the assessment submission forms, which you will need to complete and hand in with your assignment. You can then hand in your assignment to us and you’ll be provided with a receipt.

MyFutureworks VLE

If you experience any problems accessing MyFutureworks visit Student Services on Floor 3 and we can help you out.