Induction and Enrolment
Course inductions are an important event in the Futureworks calendar and take place a week before your course begins. Throughout induction week there are a range of events which you can attend that have been organised to help you meet other students and settle in at Futureworks.
We know that it can be daunting moving to a new city, even if you already know the area. It can be nerve-wracking starting a new course and meeting new people. We want to make this process as easy as possible for you, which is why we arrange events such as nights out and film nights to help you get your bearings and meet some of your fellow students.
We hold a welcome fair with stalls from a variety of organisations in the area including the student reps and UCLan. There are also stalls from local shops who offer discounts for students and Greater Manchester Police who can give you advice on how to stay safe whilst you are studying in Manchester.
During enrolment week there are some events that you must attend in order to complete your enrolment and begin your studies with us. These include your paperwork enrolment and your course, Student Services & Facilities inductions.
Your paperwork enrolment will include the following:
- Take a copy of your original passport or driving license or other document showing right to study in the UK (if from the UK/EU). If you are from outside the UK, this would be a copy of your permanent residency card showing your right to study in the UK without Tier 4 sponsorship.
- Taking copies of your qualification certificates including GCSE Maths and English and other qualifications listed on your application;
- Completing contact details forms and setting passwords for your network accounts;
- Signing the Student Engagement Policy document outlining your responsibilities and Futureworks’ responsibilities;
- Completing the Tuition Fees Terms and Conditions Document;
- Providing us with a copy of your Payment Schedule Letter from Student Finance in order that we can avoid delays in getting your student loan and/or grant released to you on time;
- Data Protection Waiver – Includes details of who your nominated person is who you authorise us to share information about your course, finance and other personal information if required in case of an emergency for instance.
- If you are a degree student, you will also need to enrol online with the University of Central Lancashire. Online enrolment will be open for students once your place on the course is confirmed, and must be completed before your enrolment at Futureworks. Otherwise your start on the course may be delayed, as will your student finance payments. Validation emails are sent to students once their place is confirmed – once you confirm your email address you will then be sent your username, password and link to complete the enrolment.
Your course, Facilities & Student Services inductions will introduce you to your programme, the teaching teams and some key support & facilities information including the MyFutureworks VLE and our facilities booking system. We’ll send details of the specifics of what you need to bring with you once your place on the course is confirmed.
If you have any questions, call our Admissions department on 0161 214 4602.